Saturday, January 02, 2010

It's Constipated

TG spent 25$ on our tickets to It's Complicated. Not my $$$, thank goodness, because it's terrible. I enjoyed Something's Gotta Give and What Women Want (kinda) but this one Nancy Meyers wrote on the john. Again, when you pile 3+ stars into a film, you get 15 mg of Ambien + 5 mg of Lorazepam = the perfect bedtime story or my 7th grade diary. What did I hate about it:

Slow pacing
Predictable dialogue and plot and not even comforting-predictable
Sick of women cooking and gardening in chick flicks
Sick of groups of four women doing girl talk (which is always about men)
Meryl is a little too close to Diane's character in Something Gotta Give (white clothes pre-coitus, black clothes post-coitus; throw in adorable children and loving exes and you have no basis in reality.
Oh the cliches!

The best part of the movie was when Meryl and Steve Martin got stoned. Through the many twists and turns, I whispered to TG, "I'm so surprised that just happened." This isn't even a FUN bad movie. I would rent the remake of The Women before seeing this again (though Annette Bening looks amazing in this one). That said, I love Meryl with all my heart and she is sexy and gorgeous. Whaddya know, she used her Julie and Julia skills to run a bakery in this one.

Before you see it, ask yourself: With the crazy premise, do you really think Meryl is going to wind up with Alec?

2 comments:

dm said...

Excellent money-saving advice. You could be a financial advisor as well as a culture advisor.

Dish said...

Thanks, Mommy!