Monday, January 18, 2010

Perky Globes

I enjoyed the Golden Globes more than usual because of Ricky Gervais. His naughtiness made the show. The best slam of the night was to Mel Gibson. Please let him host again. He breathed new life into the tired award show regimen.

My thoughts:

Cameron Diaz had something done to her face. I examined and appraised and think she had a nose job recently. Loved her red dress despite the offness on her face.

Better speeches this time. I was ready to drink every time Haiti was mentioned but I would have only gotten trashed on two swigs.

The Queen of the night--to Dish--was Mrs. Jeffrey Bridges, who wore a stunning, sparkly red dress and looked glamorous and real.

Favorite victories: Michael C. Hall (for Dexter and for being the only one I liked on Six Feet Under) and Sandra Bullock. I didn't see The Blind Side, but I vote based on her repertoire. Okay, maybe not that either. She tries and she's nice and has a production company and maybe I could work for her someday and she never made Speed 3.

Quentin Tarentino is still hideous. I'm never quite sure why he's nominated for anything.

I'm not even going to mention the movie about the demonic smurfs.

Are Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler still doing it? They seemed icy. TG picked up on their tension as well, especially after I pointed it out to him.

The best globes of the evening go to Mariah Carey and Joan from Mad Men whose mammaries, like June, were busting out all over.

I loved the cam's devotion to Julia. Her smile brightens my day but her hair needed a good brush and I'm wondering if she's getting a little uppity now that she has done Everything. Maybe she was drunk. Yeah, that's it. I kid because I was a little drunk on those two swigs.

No comments: