Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sally Ride Dies, George Jefferson Moves on Up

Sally Ride may have lost her fight with pancreatic cancer but she came, saw and conquered her spot in history as one brave broad. Dish can barely get on a plane much less envision a physical trip into space. SR is the first American woman to venture into Kirk territory, paving a path of excellence. In her honor, I'm going to do something brave and not complain one bit about flying to California. Starting now.

I can't even speak about George Jefferson's demise without tears. Sherman Helmsley went up to that dee-luxe apartment in the sky and I love everything he did for my childhood television experience. Dish can do his walk without even trying! I hope he and Weezie are pecking on the lips in heaven.

There is talk of refreshing the cast of RHoOC. Not that kind of refresh. My goodness, there is ample pulling, nipping and tucking to those faces. No, the rumor is that they might yank Vicki and Alexis, which I see as a colossal mistake. Don't give me new OC housewives. The revamped NYC cast is so not working even though I like them personally. Bring back Jill.

Mariah Carey has signed on for American Idol. I just don't get what the big deal is. I know it's Mariah, but the vibrato may kill this Dish. No watchies for me.

Let's all appreciate another shot of Julia Roberts looking normal, i.e. fabulous, in a bikini. California is about to get an eyeful of Dish in like manner. I am also 44.

No comments: