Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Moon (aka Vampires Wear Lipstick)

In an effort to abolish the mental image of Larry King having sex with his sister-in-law, Dish went back 100 years to watch New Moon, which is Romeo and Juliet with a little homoeroticism thrown in. Vampires trump werewolves and I felt bad for multi-talented Taylor Lautner. It boggles the mind that Bella, the most apathetic and depressed teenager, would warrant such fierce rivalry and desire. I say, give her some Zoloft and padlock her door. Of course, Robert Pattinson wins her affections. I couldn't take him seriously as a romantic hero because 1. I'm not 16 and 2. Someone stepped on his face. 3. he's wearing sparkling crimson lipstick. Then I remembered all the makeup Duran Duran wore, especially coral-gloss-wearing Nick Rhodes. Nothing has changed. I am officially old.

No comments: