Thursday, April 08, 2010

Rock Me, Amadeus

Instead of the Housewives of NYC, Dish will experience more cultural cattiness tonight. Going to see The Magic Flute (The Magic Fruit) at the Met. I'll pass where Nic Cage and Cher met at the fountain in Moonstruck. The challenge will be: sitting still for 186 minutes. Luckily, it's in the dark and I can create sordid intrigues in my head. Dish once got a tour of the Met's bowels, learned that one tenor used the area to fornicate with lowly damsels when he wasn't on stage. Tonight, like Julia and Cher, I'll be touched by the music and an errant tear will makes its way down my soft cheek.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if Dish has had a musical week. We'll be interested in her mental state.

DishBrother said...

Singing was very good (albeit conducted slightly fast for overture & Queen's first aria), but Julie Taymor's design...hmm...sloppy.

DBSK said...

All I've got to say: Nathan Gunn... what a barihunk!!!

Dish said...

I had fun! Coming down from the culture by watching Analyze This.