Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Promises, Promises

Only the majesty of Sean Hayes could drive Dish to a musical. He was amazing on stage, convincing me that he was no longer Jack McFarland. I even believed he was straight and in love with Kristin Chenoweth. Sadly, the music in this "musical" is deadly dull. I expected more from Burt Bacharach. The dancing and performances were solid but no one could overcome the material. Chenoweth had far too many depressing ballads, to the point where an overdose of sleeping pills seemed a logical solution to her quandary. Katie Finneran as "Marge" stole the show and had great chemistry with Hayes. I would have rather the show be all about them. It's a shame: The Apartment is adorable.

This won't deter me from my quest to support Sean Hayes unconditionally (not financially) in all endeavors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dish, cute picture but haven't you said that you are a red head?

Dish said...

It's true, Dish is definitely a redhead but Crayola didn't have the right shade of marker. :(