Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Are the Lambs Still Screaming?

The idea of a trip to Costa Rica with four girlfriends I don't really like sounds like torture, but I'd power through and maybe start drinking (okay, this won't happen). Last night's Real Housewives of Orange County showed me that a TV sensation can be based on minutia--though I love the idea of women hanging out together. Tamra can't help but wiggle her tush and call people out. Slade won't get his act together. Alexis will never take criticism from loved ones. Last night, the girls had an intervention to tell A, "you're so annoying" but she didn't take the hint. I might not have either. Interventions aren't so fair, unless life/death. Can you tell I've never been intervened? Yeah, because I don't do anything scandalous. That will change in a few minutes, she says eyeing a big bag of Doritos.

Pictures of Anne Hathaway doing Les Miz make me laugh. I intend to howl through the entire thing. Official trailer for the movie appeared and disappeared from the web.

I escaped from life by reading RoseMarie Terenzio's Fairytale Interrupted. Who is she? JFK jr.'s faithful assistant and she hasn't spilled her story until now. She is one feisty, tough-as-nails broad. I'd let her can run my life anytime. Exquisitely page-turning, this one.

Showing us why she's in the fourth hour of Today, Kathie Lee Gifford made a horrific gaffe with Martin Short, asking after his wife, who died two years ago. There is video footage but I can't bear to watch it. Hosts need to prepare before they interview ANYONE.

Lost co-stars at war: Dominic Monaghan forced me to follow him on Twitter when he openly accused Matthew Fox of beating women (repeatedly). Drunken Tweet? It wasn't recanted or removed. If true, bravo to DM for his steely Lord of the Ring cojones.

1 comment:

John Haracopos said...

Kathie Lee Gifford has made a career of being the biggest blundering blonde on television! Kudos to Martin Short for having enough class to answer her idiotic questions as if nothing were wrong.
I wonder how she would react to being asked about catching her first husband, Paul Johnson with a penis in his mouth...???...