Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Rest In Cranky Peace, Maurice Sendak

I like to remember Maurice Sendak from his recent interview with Stephen Colbert. I would quote Where the Wild Things Are--as many have done in their FB statuses all day--but I can't recall a single blessed word that man wrote. I can only see the book on my lime-green childhood bookshelf and that scary cover, taunting me as I tried to chase away the nightmare of my mortality. I was four. Maurice is a national treasure!

I won't cover the Met Gala because I never can tell what it's for. Anna Wintour, dresses, the Met? The pics of Tom Brady's hair are hilarious--the half pompadour, half fauxhawk. Whose idea was that? The season is lost when athletes go for glamor.

Another masseur has come forward in the John Travolta abuse case. I hope justice is done. Will wait it out and hope the innocent party/s stay strong.

I leave you now with some straight-up questioning of this administration's stance on gay marriage by that cute-as-a-bug's-ear Anderson Cooper via Perez Hilton via Anderson via CNN. We are so behind the times--it's depressing. What's even more sad is how everyone is trying to be so tactful and speaking incoherent English*. Just Say Yes to Gay Marriage--or Just Say Something**: (taken down because it plays automatically whenever I open blog. I love AC, but not THAT much)

*The campaign depends on it! Isn't that sad? Must rewatch The American President to regain hope that U.S. government isn't completely evil.
**Writing in JJ's style of capitalization of each letter to emphasize whole sentence as a headline.

No comments: