Friday, May 04, 2012

Rest in Peace, MCA

Overheard today in Manhattan: "Oh, Taylor was totally his beard because Jake is totally gay."

My ears twitched over this. Jake Gyllenhaal? So those bro-dates with Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong might have been leisurely sojourns in a steamy Queer As Folk lust-fest? Did anyone catch this on film? This is what happens when you're really good in Brokeback Mountain. I wish I cared more about Jake's sexuality. I just assume the stars will do anything for anyone. I'd rather see the Gyllengod in a good movie!

Oh, speaking of, Rob Lowe supposedly will be in another embarrassing Lifetime movie--related to Casey Anthony. Lifetime is where stars go to die but I love, love, love this network and 90% of their movies (I didn't care for the one with Cameron Mathison and the other babe from All My Children--The Wife He Met Online). A news clusterfudge: Still loving The Conversation, though it's sounding like therapy for Amanda. She listens to the ladies then relates it to her life. Oh wait, that's what a conversation is. That Lady Gaga talks like a girl in her 40s. No way is she 25. The Quaids (of Dennis) are getting back together. Ain't love grand? Did they Dr. Phil-it or is this because of a sh*tty settlement?

Can't you see I'm skirting around today's tragedy? The 80s generation (and beyond) lost one of its own--Adam Yauch, MCA of the Beastie Boys, passed away after a battle with cancer. I loved the Beastie Boys at really loud college parties where you just let your sh*t go. Dish did this every now and then (a keg was usually involved)--they were awesome. During the day, their noise seemed like noise, though I always appreciated what they brought to music. This is a terrible loss. RIP, MCA! This is for you!

No comments: