Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Single Girl's Weekend

I spent the weekend much as I would have 3 years ago -- quietly, no fanfare, me and the kitty, takeout, the gym, mild socializing. It was a little somber, peaceful, but I find more solace in TG's presence. After living with him for 2 years and 9 months, I can no longer sleep alone. I kept the lights on, put a chair against the door, closed the windows and booby-trapped vulnerable places. I can't rely on Dishcat to warn me against intruders. Thanks to TG, Dishcat loves everyone now. Each time I came home, I checked all the closets, under the couch, behind the doors and in the shower. Thank goodness, TG lands in 20 minutes.

Today's movie--The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: You need to see this one stoned. Dish, sadly, faced this mind-f*ck fest completely sober and only got through 1 hour. I had vowed to see it after Heath Ledger died. Despite Heath, pass.

I read about sisters Joan Fontaine and Olivia De Havilland's lifelong feud and now both women are in their nineties. Dish always preferred Joan. That Melanie in Gone with the Wind was so simpering and goody-goody. Maybe this feud drove both women to succeed. Reality show?

The Tonight Show fired a bunch of people and cut Jay Leno's staff. I thought they had endless funds. Wonder why they need to streamline. (Conan karma!)

I try not to get incensed about stupid people but this upsets me. If only he could know what it's like to go through such violence, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

No comments: