Monday, September 21, 2009

Down the Hatch!

Child abuse runs rampant in Hollywood. Take David Hasselhof who was just hospitalized for alcohol poisoning -- oh wait, no, it was a bad reaction allergy medication or other meds. His teenage daughter is the one who keeps tearfully calling the ambulance. Dry him out, prop him up and put him back in front of America. Dish got wise at nineteen when Exbf2 drank too much, barfed off the porch and then stayed at the party to drink more--and I still went home with him. Gross much? There are people falling apart everywhere. I don't care. Just don't do it around your children.

Oh, and if you have secret children, it's always nice to acknowledge them. John Edwards supposed love child is going to read about her father one day. Wouldn't it be nice to get this crap all out in the open, make amends, move on and do good again?

So...the Emmys are always more important. Neil Patrick Harris was a delight and he didn't disappoint me. I love his airy froth, his sweet humor. Lots of upsets in the awards, but no surprises. I was moved to tears that Cherry Jones won for her excellent performance on 24. Other than that, no big whoop. Maybe Dish is tired of stars winning awards. At least they're all drunk at the Golden Globes. I need to see someone's boob pop out or something.

Maybe my priorities are skewed. Why is Dish thinking about children, parenting, and being virtuous? Of course, it's testosterone poisoning. The International Suitor has returned, wooing from afar and he's really, really smart. I have to keep up and it's good for me to read books again. We'll see how long my enchantment lasts. I might be right behind David Hasselhoff, wolfing down a burger after a bottle of Wild Turkey.

2 comments:

md said...

All gross except for Cherry Jones--the Cradle Will Rock! She's my ego ideal. What's with these folks, Dish?

Dish said...

Cherry Jones is one of my all-time favorites. Her performances on 24 often had me in tears. She is the ideal president. All hail, Goddess Cherry!