Sunday, September 06, 2009

New in Crap

I’d been wanting to catch up with our little Renee Zellwinky who’s squiring (or another verb that’s dirty) around with that animal-torturer Bradley Cooper. Had no interest in that 50s George Hamilton piece where she plays a crappy mom so I picked out New In Town, that adorable innovative romantic comedy where a career-oriented city chick goes to freezing and heavily accented Minnesota, wearing high heels while pushing tons of luggage. Whaddya know, hijinks ensue and she goes from sleek and nipply to dumpy and frumpy. Whenever I go to Minnesota, I instantly pack my Yellowstone sweatshirt, turtlenecks, and leave the hair straightener and bold colors at home. I hate to say it, but I will: Renee's character is just an unlikeable bitch until the last ten minutes. If I'd ever behaved the way she does, I'd hope someone would smack me in front of a crowd. Because it's a rom com and bitchiness gets you love (Notting Hill) Renee meets gruff but soft-underbellied (psycho in real life?) Harry Connick Jr. and more hijinks ensue. Bottom line: My butt could have written a better screenplay. In fact, it did.

So, back to tennis, Dish watched 10 hours and predicted the two upsets: Oudin and Isner who played marvelously and never gave up. Oudin is the girl I hated in high school: the adorable eager beaver jock who got whatever she wanted. Love her now that I'm 101. Isner reminded me so much of ExBF18 because of his gentle giant nature and violent fist pump after each point. Such a cute boy.

4 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

I have no doubt your butt has indeed written a better script, but I must admit it was better the second time around (stuck in an airplane on a long flight south) and I really was left with a taste for tapioca. As I believe I mentioned in a prior message, I am delighted that Ms. Z has deflated those cheeks. She looked positively dreadful for a while when those bee-stungs swelled up.

And Bradley is a DOLL.

Finally, I can't let a female tennis player being an eager beaver slip by without a giggle. KissSideKick will be beside himself when I share.

HersheyKiss said...

P.S. For context, is ExBf18 the one who thanked you for painting and cleaning by never speaking to you again?

Dish said...

Exactly, and he did a random resurfacing around my birthday. Points for remembering when I practically forgot, but minus points for vanishing yet again. My vow this season (especially around the holidays when resurfacers grow like weeds) is to ignore all resurfacers. Nothing good ever comes from them (as we all know). Please remind me of this!

HersheyKiss said...

I've got your back, no worries.