Sunday, September 13, 2009

Read a Book

I adore my gender. We're smarter, prettier, more sensitive and mostly classier (I'm fine with crazier). Then I see huge examples of dumbness and I want to scream. Not to say I wouldn't take celeb money or do my own fame-whoring. I make silly mistakes but why be nasty, stupid and redundant?

First Serena Williams, who is always a bad sport unless she wins, spews venom when someone has the audacity to foot-fault her. Aren't refs supposed to obey the rules of the game? Maybe meanness and brattiness make her a "character" but it makes me not root for her, even if she were playing against a one-legged chipmunk from Mars. Go Venus!

SNL was a repeat last night but the "musical" guest Ciara (Sp?), Puff Daddy Diddy's protegee/girlfriend, sang about "magic" and "sex" and made her sexy body contort into all sorts of sexy moves, ending with a huge spread-eagle on stage. Hmmm, I wondered. What is she selling? And is this J.Lo clone really singing? Does she read? At least Coldplay references French history (though Wikipedia could have been a primary source). Aren't we tired of magic sex and slithery lip-synching female "singers?"

Lastly, there's the hot mess that is Megan Fox and her controversial remarks regarding Michael Bay. First lesson in stardom: don't burn bridges with powerful men, especially when you're young, highly replaceable and look like everyone around you. Be nice. When you're older/wiser, go ahead and unleash hell. You'll get another reputation. I don't blame any woman for being a hard-core bitch but you have to be smart about it. When you're dumb, talent-challenged and ungrateful, it gets old. If Megan wants to be the new Angelina, the least she could do is turn her neuroses onto herself by cutting herself, carrying vials of blood around her neck and, for fun, going lez.

Pre-stardom in 2005, I saw Megan in person at Lombardi's. She's this tiny, beautiful waif who ate pizza the way Jennifer Beals ate lobster in Flashdance. I was with exbf15 and could have cared less about Megan since I stared at stubbly-but-still-cute 90s has-been Brian Austin Green. Later, I Googled her and saw how perfect she looked, how primed for stardom (Dish is a genius and a psychic), but that she would need to move on to a better, more high profile boyfriend. Or learn to stand on her own two feet without a BF and a movie icon. Wouldn't that be unusual?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wisdom. Thankfully there's some left chez Dish (and her followers).

Dish said...

Thanks, Mom! (I know it's you)

Anonymous said...

guess again

Dish said...

Hersheysidekick! Or Hershey! You little vixens...

HersheyKiss said...

None of the above.

md said...

Dear Dish, Doesn't this gal look like a stupid slut? Or am I too old to understand? xxx md

Dish said...

No, md, you are not too old at all. I don't think dear Megan presents her most valuable talents... or maybe putting a big blanket of fur between her legs is the best she can do. Then again, her sassing out and getting into the news is quite talented. Now all she has to do act like a jackass every three months and she'll always be a star. The viewing public forgives very easily. Watch Kanye will be a comeback kid (will tell BabaWawa that his outburst is due to his mother's death, drinking), like Hugh Grant after a forbidden bj.