Saturday, September 05, 2009

Pregnancy + Duran Duran = Dish Confusion!

It's 3 am when my eyes drift shut. I'm transported to the "flower room" of my parents' house. "Simon Le Bon and Roger Taylor are here for you," Dishmama tells me. I invite Simon and Roger upstairs to watch television because that's what you do when you entertain Duran Duran. Roger is positively lovely--kind, complex and gentlemanly. I relay that I'm five months pregnant and he congratulates me on the blessed event. Simon gets all eye-rolly because he's bored with baby talk. Once again, I'm not sure who the father is or if I'm "giving birth" to some other BS. I feel desperate to entertain Rog and Simes and keep fetching them refreshing drinks. Not sure how the dream ends, possibly with me realizing I had a stomach ache, which is usually the cause of pregnancy dreams.

This weekend, I'm all about tennis and work and trying to avoid being the third or fifth wheel. Dish had a Friday night out with a fellow single friend, which was highly enjoyable. No talk of relationships and babies (not that I don't love this, but am overly sensitive these days).

Ps. Dish prayers out to the universe for my celeb friend who might be in the hospital. :-(

No comments: