Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rain Delay

Viewing episodes of Dexter is an antidote for feelings of failure. The rain doesn't help. I could have been born a serial killer and what baggage that would be. As is, I carry enough on my back: hair and nail maintenance, work, body regimen, social niceties and secret ambitions. Imagine the checklist for a killer. My hunger for Cheetos and chocolate mousse pie would be replaced by an appetite to sever carotid arteries. By 41, I suppose I'd be used to it. It might feel like home.

Root for the underdog is a rare motto for me as I like winners. But as I see Rafael Nadal slug through this US Open, I realize he is the underdog right now. Even with his abdominal and knee pain, I want to see an all guts match against Federer. I might have peaked in my twenties but everyone loves a comeback. Go Rafa!

No comments: