Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not Much News But Good Advice Forthwidth

Just when you thought the Le Bons were underachieving--Good ol' Yasmin LeBon is designing les garments! Trust me, you have to buy her creations. Whenever anyone photographs her, she is gorgeously clothed, displaying exquisite taste. She did have the good sense to get knocked up and marry a Duran, after all. Seriously, I saw Yasmin rockin' out in person last May 2008 and she is more beautiful now than 25 years ago. I have the feeling it's natural, too.

It's post-Labor Day and already Dish has had 2 resurfacers: (1 is famous so totally excused). The key to resurfacer survival is not to become a resurfacer yourself. Don't knock on any Unrequited Love Interest or exbf's door, don't Friend them, don't "Like" their Status Update, or casually send them a forward (and claim it was a mistake). This goes for all vampiric acquaintances. Just bear down, keep working and look up only if showered with gifts. Otherwise, it's always better to press that delete button when they write: So...how are you? Living without me? I hope not. But whatever. Can I talk about my new squeeze and borrow some money for the subway? This kind of resurfacing is common over the holidays and resembles a stomach virus: spreads fast, makes you barfy and feverish.

I only write this because I'm terrible at taking my own advice. It's a good reminder for us all. We will get through this together. Delete, delete, delete.

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

Dish, my appetite is sufficienty whetted now and I'm filled with curiosity about the referenced resurfacers. I'll be scouring other pages looking for clues, although I do hope to be thanked unwaveringly for my scouring. Shall I look for a sweaty sweatshirt or something more subtle? On an unrelated note, I wish I could turn off these damn lights without getting up .... xoxo

Dish said...

HersheyKiss, you are so clever as to be dangerous. Dish is laughing her fat freckled ass off!!! Clap on!!! Clap off!!!