Friday, October 30, 2009

Crap is the New Black

Don't you think all this press about how bad Matthew Broderick is in The Starry Messenger is a way to sell tickets? There's an article in the Post about all the play's problems, how the writer/director is difficult, won't cut the play, it's a catastrophic downward spiral. Now I want to see it. But I won't because Matthew Broderick, to me, is just okay. I did enjoy Addicted to Love, couldn't give two craps about Ferris Bueller (I've gone out with him far too often).

In more refreshing news: TG wants to help me refurnish my apartment and take me on a trip overseas. How nice is this? I'm a little shocked by the generosity. I tend to get stuck with the bill (and to be fair, I offer to pay for things, which is a mistake).

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

Well now, isn't that kind and gracious of TG? I'm imagining multiple models of candelabra like accents ... ah, the glow of candles ... a nice bottle of a specialty wine .. Won't be long!

Dish said...

Oh, Hershey, thanks for reminding me! I need to get a Menora. They're kinda tacky but if I'm going to Mrs. Dishenstein, I should respect the traditions. I'm just in it for the gefeltefish/horseradish and Challah bread!