Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nature Freaks

Dish viewed Into The Wild, that nature flick starring the delectable Emile Hirsch (loved by every gay boy I know--peen viewing at 1:29 mark). While Dish is not into pooping in the woods, the nature was luscious and I could almost see myself hiking. Almost. Lovely direction by Mr. Sean Penn with a pleasantly languid pace and wild man Eddie Vedder singing throughout. It reminded me of Agnes Varda's Sans Toit, Ni Lois starring the fabulous Sandrine Bonnaire. Moral of the story: When you reject indoor plumbing and McDonald's, you die.

But you do get a movie made about you.

2 comments:

John Haracopos said...

Wanna see Emile Hirsch in a great film, give a really moving performance?? Rent "The Mudge Boy"
As for "Into The Wild" Yes, it was made well but I just couldn't connect to this character. Spoiled, middle-class, white boy runs into the wild cause mommy & daddy don't love me... Boo Fuckin' Hoo... while watching I found myself looking forward to his death so I could return to my life on the streets of New York City!!!!!

Dish said...

I can see that. I was not into the character so much as the scenery and the "idea" of being one with nature. And who wouldn't want Hal Holbrook as their grandfather???? That alone would have made me give up Alaska.