Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cycles and Banishings

I'm back to being bored of celebs: Palin vs. Levi, Jon & Kate, Octopoop (who def. looks as if she's had work on her face since dropping her load), the Balloon Family, Lindsay Lohan and her famewhore father. How much should we care about these people? Doesn't anyone work anymore? I wrote this a few months ago and it's true again. I'm so repetitive, mediocrity has me in its grasp. Help! Will thumb through some Rumi and try to find something less quoted. Shoot me if I start reading Rilke.

The fall shows have started (go Eastwick, Mad Men, Dexter and Modern Family) but not much beyond mental retardation glosses the screens. I hear Mariah Carey has a new movie out but it's serious. I want Glitter 2.

All I can think about is getting through mountains of work and 47 days left until my trip to JFK.

1 comment:

md said...

Is Dish contemplating writing philosophical or historical works now that she has seen the light? Or should we imagine her as the next Proust-ess or Virginia Woolf? Or will she lead a parade down Seventh Avenue with banners reading "Down with Celebrity Losers"? We're behind you all the way!!