Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Hate Valentine's Day

On my flight west, I had the misfortune of watching I Hate Valentine's Day, which is the lame attempt to bring Nia Vardalous and John Corbett together again. It's a stinkfest. The heroine only goes out on five dates in order to keep the romance alive/happy/happy/happy. Dish says: That is so unrealistic. Since when does any girl have a rule book like that? We tend to throw out the rulebooks the second the hand unsnaps the bra. Plus, with John Corbett as my romantic interest, my paw marks would be imbedded in his skin. In any case, misunderstanding ensues but they find their way back to true love. I wanted to give everyone in the movie a big smack.

In better news, Dish made the delicious mistake of watching QVC--a first--and discovering the excellent hosting of Leann Williams. She is a delight.

2 comments:

John Haracopos said...

I just saw "My Life In Ruins"... Stinkfest is to nice a word to describe that shitstorm of film making... As a fellow Greek, I want so much to love her but, ouch...

Dish said...

I'm afraid to watch that one. I enjoyed My Big Fat Greek Wedding and want to love Nia again, but it's really hard with the crapola movies she's making. She needs to play a totally different heroine.