Friday, October 16, 2009

World Gone Mad

Dish is aquiver, suffering mild psychosomatic flulike symptoms after a flu shot. As per tradition, I went running immediately after the unforgivable nurse pricked us. All is well. While inside, I am Bill Murray and laugh at nothing, on the outside, I'm smart enough to laugh at all of The Groom's jokes. Mostly they are funny though I have a healthy supply of duct tape in case he becomes irritating. He says my indulgence has convinced him I'm "the next Mrs. B_____."

Speaking of marriage, and Dishmama will be p*ssed, but I took a sneak peek at The Proposal starring Sandra Bullock (definitely has had work done, in my view) and Ryan Reynolds (definitely belongs at the Ramrod bar around the corner). Not so funny given these talented comedic actors' skills and far too unbelievable. There is one shot of fantastic merging nudity but it lasts about a second. It was a little like The Love Boat and they fell in love within the confines of a three-day cruise. Very efficient, though. Love the similarities to Devil Wears Prada. Women in power are so bitchy and just need to get laid.

2 comments:

md said...

no no no!

HersheybergKissenstein said...

A mot to the wise: laughing all the time now will require laughing all the time in the future ... and it gets old, and the jokes will lose their charm (although never the jokester, lest I be misinterpreted). Start cutting back to 88% laughter.