Sunday, October 04, 2009

GaGa saves SNL...

...but only in the last five minutes. I was appalled at SNL's suckiness last night. I shouldn't be shocked, though I won't join the whiner-bandwagon that SNL hasn't been good since 1975. Get a life! Ryan Reynolds' hosting was exceedingly unremarkable and he's a funny gay, I mean, guy. Couldn't the writers have come up with gut-busting or butt-gusting fare? Sadly, Lorne Michaels hired/fired the wrong people. I enjoyed seeing Madonna with Lady Gaga but that skit was awkward and too unrehearsed. Then, like that last helping hand as you're about to fall off the cliff, Lady Gaga swept onto the stage and sang her balls off.

At this rate, I don't think I can continue to watch SNL and might have to take the same hiatus I took in the late eighties. Mediocrity makes for deadly television.

So, Dish got a webcam so as to communicate with The Groom. I know your next question and, no. I'm not that kind of girl (stop laughing, JJ). First face-to-face visit in twenty-six years. It's like a modern fairy tale (that could end with my crying bitter tears).

No comments: