Sunday, October 11, 2009

Heavy Douchebaggery

Dish is v. sneaky. Stricken with testosterone poisoning, the Dishbrain isn't functioning properly (66 days until reunion with The Groom after 26 years--will it even happen?). It's 12:47 am (ET) and I just remembered to DISH! After ten months of faithful posting, I made one slip. So I readjusted my blog-time to Pacific Time, therefore, it's before midnight. Let's pretend I'm in Los Angeles. Dish is not in her Chelsea apartment, watching Snapped.

Today, my thoughts are with Erica Wang who was ditched on her wedding day by high profile chef Todd English. How rude, then leaving her with a 12K bill. Whenever I feel I've had it rough in romance, I'll remember this. Not even this close has Dish experienced such love despair.

You know English's excuse will probably be "I'm only human." That seems to be the big thing these days. So much face-offing on TV shows, telling jokes about bad behavior, "setting the record straight," helping the world understand one tiny jackass's true intentions in defiling a staff, leaving eight children and leaving a bride high and dry after promising her the moon. For all the dodos, I will quote Woody Harrelson from his new movie Zombieland, "Nut up or shut up."

It's good advice for us all.

No comments: