Saturday, September 13, 2008

Coco Chin Confessions

Now to divulge hideous secrets. My day was tainted by one of "those" dreams that involved a friend I'm not attracted to (Hello, I'd even take Tom Cruise--okay, I should be so lucky). I confess to another impulse purchase--a Rick Springfield movie. I'm not ready to say which one. While you could carry groceries home in the bags under darling Rick's eyes, he's still gorgeous. My brother confessed his mistrust of women with chin clefts. Women like Claire Danes and Geena Davis. After he fixed my computer, disagreeing with me over Gale Harold's hotness in my wallpaper pic (he looks tired, no he doesn't, yes he does), we spent time watching old Gap ads (you know that hot A-go go one?) and reminising about life ten years ago, smoking invisible cigarettes. Such world-conquerers, we are.

This evening, I'm hoping Shirley MacLaine will wipe away my shame, my freaky subconscious offerings, in the Coco Chanel movie. I know nothing about Coco except Courtney Cox Aniston named her girl the same thing. Please, Shirley, you're our only hope. I believe in Shirley's brilliance, though she can pick some stinkers. It doesn't matter. She is a great force no matter what. I love her books, too.

Update: Am thirty minutes into the Coco Chanel movie and...it's terrible. But I can't stop watching. How is it that young Coco sounds French and old Coco sounds American?

2 comments:

teri said...

LOL@ Courtney Cox Aniston. I didn't know she and Jennifer had gotten married :)

How others cannot see the perfection that is Gale Harold is a mystery to me.

Dish said...

I agree with you about Gale Harold, Bookgirl24. Why is he not everywhere and the subject of all tabloid gossip? Maybe that isn't so conducive to art.

As for Courtney, I couldn't remember her husband's last name so I made up one (speaking of tabloids)!