Friday, September 19, 2008

Under the Weather

Day #1 of jacket weather in New York. Dish is ill so launching into llooooonnnngggg movies seemed just the thing. First Helen Mirren as Elizabeth I. Love it so far! Helen just nails every part she plays, doesn't she? Someday, I want to look as good as she does in a bikini. First, like her, I will rock the red hair and, well, I already behave like a big queen. I enjoy Jeremy Irons, too, and I always picture him on a veranda, chain-smoking and having one of those smoker's wheeze-laughs. He's so refined and dirty at the same time.

My sick day took a bad turn when I popped in The Mists of Avalon as my second llloooonnnngggg movie. All those damn fake British accents, the repeating of the "Goh-DDess" and drudgery. I'm drowning my sinus ennui in Andy Taylor's tell-all Wild Boy, which so far doesn't say much new, but it's incredibly addictive, like all the coke he snorted...

No comments: