Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dish Eyes

Some unearthed treasures I've just downloaded:

"Lucky in Love" by Mick Jagger (super fun song, makes me remember my "long walks" around my grandparents' house, puffing away on my Merits, petting a horse on a nearby farm and dreaming about the son of my mother's colleague--Chris, who had no idea I was alive. Ran into him ten years later in a Manhattan bookstore. I had had a hideous screaming fight with Ex-BF 9 and retreated to the Children's section. Bumped into Chris there and my world lit up again. We chatted amiably until the wife appeared, barely shook my hand and pulled him away.

"It's Raining Again" by Supertramp (one of those sad but uplifting songs you can't help but sway your head to)

Thinking how nice it was that Brad Pitt contributed $$$ to helping gay marriage. The cynic in me wonders if he's desperate to do a Brokeback role. BAD DISH! Makes no diff, it's still green.

No comments: