Monday, May 11, 2009

B&S Finale Stunk Hard

The title says it all. My friend Hershey's Kiss, an expert on Mexico, found this finale offensive with its stereotypes: no paved roads, everyone piling into a truck, working in the fields, mention of diarrhea, the same bar as in Desperado. All they needed was a gunfight and a tango scene. I'm offended by the boring storylines: Kitty misses Robert's helicopter after realizing she loves St. Elmo's Fire. How her emaciated form ran hard for that whirly bird. Poor Rachel Griffiths kept gazing at the pond while everyone else schvitzed and plotzed. I've never cared about anything less than Rebecca and Justin getting engaged. The Cutesy McCuteness of Patricia Wettig and Ken Olin in scenes together gave me Montezuma's Revenge. If only Sally could have had one last romp with Juan Valdez. Or is that South America? I'm sure these writers wouldn't know the diff. This season needed more geriatric sex, drugs, menopause talk, and food fights.

Happier: Joan Rivers wins as "The Apprentice." It's the only time I have one minutia of an iota of liking for Donald Trump though this will be gone by morning.

Katie Price and Peter Andre are separating: Does anyone in the US care? Who are they? I'm separating from dark chocolate and declaring it passe. Milk chocolate is better.

No comments: