Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Live Queen!

So, Dish only clubbed for half an hour. I tried to envision Babylon, the glitter falling, the gorgeous mens and Emmett's queenly quipping as sailors passed by. The boys were more diverse (not as pretty) as on QAF, but I enjoyed shaking my booty until the stobe lights hit...and hit. The music made my sternum vibrate. This was what being 25 was like. If I were at Babylon, would I have fun? Or am I more like Deb and apt to wear flair and hang at the Liberty Diner, telling boys to eat their broccoli instead of onion rings?

Tonight, watch the American Idol contestants on Larry King Live. See where your eye goes. Adam is the showstopper and I don't doubt he'll be chewing scenery and Larry's suspenders on the show. Perez alleges Adam is being considered to front Queen. Commenters are mostly raving about this but some say Freddie Mercury would roll in his grave. Huh? It's not as if "singer" Paris Hilton was asked. Adam's got the voice, versatility and presence. Is no one allowed to carry on and honor a legacy after it's been long dead? If anything, Freddie might like that Adam would breathe new excitement and life into the band.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about larry?

Dish said...

Oooh, right. Larry. I wonder if he wears those suspenders to bed. Wait! I don't wanna know!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he does and that's why he's been married eight times.