Sunday, May 31, 2009

Watch Out, Boys, She'll Chew You Up

Verdict on Maneater, the Lifetime miniseries starring rubbery Scrubs actress Sarah Chalke: It's so bad, I almost turned it off after four minutes. A 30-something girl plans her own wedding to jump-start her husband hunt (typical brainlessness!). She has three girlfriends (typical because one stereotype is not enough!) saying either, "You go, girlfriend" or "Men are such jerks!" Now all Sarah needs is the suave floppy-haired husband who pulls the rug out from under her. Enter Aaron, hunky cowboy-without-an-accent who's got literary aspirations as well as buckets of money and a closet-full of stuffed animals (Clarisse, have the lambs stopped singing?). They cute-meet, fall in love and get married according to Sarah's plans. Throw in an annoying ex, some rufees, a who's-the-daddy pregnancy, and a misunderstanding. I kept voicing my outrage and yet my remote control remained under my cat for two hours. Tonight is the epic conclusion, where someone gets smacked (Dish loves that!), everyone gets screwed and Aaron and Sarah probably kiss and make up. Blah!

Dish suffers not only from insomnia this weekend, but her sweet darling corazon Nadal lost at the French Open. I put it all on the Federer now. He has to win for the sake of his new baby. And I'd always thought he was gay. (because gay men can't father children?) Vicious Dish spreading lies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder whether Shakespeare was a total cliche in his time. Or are we in the lowest common denominator epoch.

Dish said...

We are def in End Days. I've never seen so much stupidity. I thought I was getting smarter, but no.