Saturday, May 30, 2009

[Evil Cackle]

Dish loathes Michael Chiklis for no reason. Perhaps Dish has dated too many Mr. Cleans and they're all pretty smug about it. I nearly hurled to see footage of MC's reaction to being nominated for an award. Talk about Acquired Situational Narcissism, though I'll def film myself the next time someone gives me an accolade. And then I'll send it to ET.

Despite the lure of Glenn Close, I've avoided The Shield because watching Chiklis and another cop show would be akin to ingesting pickled beets. Then my writer/director friend told me he loved the show, I should watch, Chiklis is brilliant. Maybe I was wrong about The Commish. Flash forward: I've endured two episodes and my abhorrence continues--So typical cop, so much overacting. Chiklis plays a television version of Bruce Willis--lots o' intense eyes, lots o' balls ablazing, vigilantes get sh*t done. The star for me is Catherine Dent who is a delight to watch. She exudes realness and her character has complexity.

In other news, Lady GaGa. For months I've just seen her as the new Britney in shiny underpants. Dish researched and can now say: great performer with real pipes, music itself so-so but memorable. I enjoy her honesty in saying that all she wants in a man is Mr. Giant Baloney Pants.

No comments: