Thursday, May 14, 2009

Star Sighting

5/13/09, 7:30 pm, the Laura Pels Theater on 46th and 6th : It's one thing to see a star. It's quite another to tinkle next to one. I blabbed away to a friend about how gorgeous Gale Harold was but how his performance in Suddenly Last Summer was not my fave, not suspecting that the woman in front of me was Swoosie Kurtz. I just thought it was some chick with bright red hair (much like Dish's when she goes under the chemicals). I was waiting to whiz when Red turned around. My cheeseburger almost made a reappearance I was so excited. Then she wound up in the stall NEXT TO MINE. No, I didn't try to listen to her activities. Suffice it to say, Swoosie is ravishing in person.

Distracted is worth seeing--a decent play, sometimes a little too heavy-handed in its message. Cynthia Nixon isn't the greatest stage actress and yet she many fine moments. Lots of other good actors in the show. Cynthia *is* captivating and looks fantastic. Dish left with a little girl-crush.

No comments: