Friday, June 12, 2009

Adding and Subtracting

Chastity Bono is now Chaz and wants a sexual reassignment. If I'd been named Chastity I'd do the same, along with everything that moves. I hope this brings Chaz happiness and wish her lots of peace (along with a massive piece). Is Cher freaking, though? She wasn't so accepting of having a gay daughter, who will soon be a hetero son. And let's face it, Chaz will wind up a gay man because his mother *is* Cher. Full circle.

I went to see a Talking Heads tribute band and they were amazing--otherwise, I would not have stayed out until 2 am. The last time I did that was for a boy--Exbf15--who dragged me in heels all over the crack den of Union Square Park while he rehydrated with a Snapple that "tasted like vomit." I was smitten so happily endured the journey past my bedtime. It takes a village to keep me out late and my old friend's band was well worth it, if only to remember the majesty of TH. Then *sniff* they dedicated "And She Was" to Dish! I choked on my Altoid. When life seems like an endless stream of assignments and slow decay, little bright spots make it enjoyable.

No comments: