Friday, June 19, 2009

Lan Sakes I'll Be a Monkey's Bastard

Dish tuned in to the first season of True Blood, and gosh willickers and bless your heart, I'm so sick of southern accents. It's the vampire version of Twin Peaks where creepiness, white trash and sensuality sizzles every frame. Anna Paquin plays virginal Suki (pronounced Suck-it) or whatever, a waitress with a huge gap between her teeth. My stars, hushpuppies and corn pone, she also reads minds (and has an Oscar). Her pale vampire crush--her real life bed-partner--is sexy and peers at her wantonly. Time stands still and they stare at each other a lot--which happens often in shows featuring vampires. The series is created by Alan Ball (I said ball) of Six Feet Under and American Beauty fame. My favorite part was seeing Jessica Tuck as the representative of the Vampire League. Remember Jessica from One Life to Live? Love her.

Not sure how much of this show I'll watch, but I said this about Six Feet Under too!

1 comment:

HersheyKiss said...

You have my word of honor that southerners do not speak the way Hollywood seems to think they do. KissSideKick barely produces one ya'll per week, and Kick is of the born and bred variety.