Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Yasmine Bleeth

Dish's only claim to fame--I knew Yasmine Bleeth when I lived in France but we were only single digits old. She was this cute bubbly chick who wore her hair up like a ballerina. Or at least ballet-wear was involved. I was porking out of my leotards and tutus so I try to block out the images. Yasmine taught me the meaning of "divorce" and we might have listened to ABBA. We either met in Catholic school or in the 'hood of the onzieme but I remember she was great fun to be around. Over a decade later I was stuffing my face and watching Ryan's Hope. She appeared on my screen, cute and bubbly. I'm still trying to find the letters she wrote me so that I can sell them on eBay (more like, frame them and MEMORIZE WHOLE PASSAGES). Since then, I've followed her career, her highs and lows. I wish her much happiness.

No comments: