Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Star Sighting???

72nd and Broadway, 5:20 pm: She plays the comforting old woman in about every movie and resembles Angela Lansbury but in her seventies. It's killing Dish that the name escapes the fierce mental database. I wanna say Barbara? Dying, I tell you. Anyway, Barbara wore a rocking pink sweater. Dying!

Dish might have another profession: Love Doctor. While romance for me is always a disaster, I adore giving advice to the lovelorn. Teaching was fun only to listen to teenagers spill. Recently I counseled a friend on love vs. money. She is used to sugar daddies, new Volvos and at least one engagement a year. I told her love is better since with a rich, heartless cube of tofu you earn every penny (usually on your back and you can do that on the streets and make your own hours). Why waste time with someone who's boring company even though he gets you prezzies (though prezzies are nice). Poor people who love you visit you in the hospital when you're sick. If you can take care of yourself, what's the problem (unless he borrows money from you)? Well, rich people send you flowers and I love that. Okay, maybe I'm wrong about everything...

In other news, I saw Angels & Demons. All I have to say is: Tom Hanks in a speedo, slicing through the water.


Update: The star I saw was the lovely Barbara Barrie! Thank you, Marie!

5 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

I saw A&D, too, on the other side of the equator! It's like parallel universes ... you're there, I'm here, and we're seeing the same movie. Anyway, about those speedos .. I was a bit put off by the pig nipples that could cut glass. The movie? I'd give it a B-. I just finished the book last week, and found it captivating .. captivating, I say. The movie was changed. Some fundamental areas were reworked and the ending is much happier in Ron Howard's world. The one thing the book didn't have was Ewan McGregor ripping open his cassock to show a delightfully furry chest. That image keeps me warm on chilly nights. You can have Tom's speedos any day.

Dish said...

PIG NIPPLES!!!! I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't Get Beyond That!

HersheyKiss said...

Was Barbara Barrie Brooke Shields' whacky grandma on Suddenly Susan?

Dish said...

Indeed she was the grandma on Suddenly Susan. Wow! Good memory!

HersheyKiss said...

Elephants never forget. I remember seeing her on a plane shortly after Suddenly Susan suddenly sank and capsized. She's from the Duke City and had lots of dangly jewelry, like a wind chime. I thought she was fabulous.