Monday, June 08, 2009

Nick Rhodes is 47!

Two score and seven years ago, a baby was swaddled in a manger with Birmingham deer, groundhogs and rabbits chanting happy songs in British accents. The Lord came upon him and said, “In fifteen years, thou wilt play a synthesizer, and it will be GOOD.” That precious baby was Nick Rhodes. Back then, he was Nicholas James Bates, as in The Bates Motel. But we know Nick is no crazy-mama-shower-killer. He grew up to be the keyboardist of Duran Duran and his own makeup applicator. Frank Lloyd Wright was also born on this day, but we don’t care as much about him. He just built stuff. Even today, Nick displays fierce hair/fashion attitude and takes good picture. The only bad thing for Nick is that he’s a Gemini, which means he crazy. Happy Birthday, Nick!

2 comments:

Irishgirl said...

For Nicholas' birthday, I was pogo-stick dancing on the lawn at the No Doubt concert with a slew of people my age and their 'tween children, who were only there to hear Paramore's 'Decode' from the Twilight soundtrack. Not knocking Paramore...loved their set....and, what can I say, I'm a Twilight fan. But I digress. I thought of Nick and his birthday whilst pogo-ing around the grass. Of course, exhaustion, and then work stress, caused me to miss your Nick Birthday tribute. As a fellow Duranie, I know you will always acknowledge the important days. Just caught it today. Love it! And on the 8th day, we eyelined.

Dish said...

I can think of no better way to celebrate Nick's special day than to pogo on a lawn! How will you top that on our precious John's birthday???