Sunday, March 11, 2012

21 Jump Street? What's Next, Hill Street Blues?

TG and I took a walk in the sunshine, though our vision of the 21 Jump Street movie poster blocked the light. At first, I pulled my hair, beat my chest with outrage. How could Channing Tatum and Seth Rogen try remake a legendary TV show starring Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise (who was my favorite over JD)? And by Seth Rogen, I mean Jonah Hill. No offense to Tatum and Hill, whom I like. It just looks slapped together in this age of mediocrity. Then I saw the trailer. Now I *know* it's not like the original show and it's WORSE than mediocre (and that I'll see it because maybe it's a little funny to see the goober and the stud go at it in a buddy movie since that's original).

I'm hearing rumors of a death of Desperate Housewives but I have it on pause since TG is on the phone. He likes the show, too, but feigns indifference. He just caught me with my face in a jar of peanut butter. Not my finest moment.

No comments: