Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Smash: Getting Under My Skin

I resisted the hype of Smash, even pooh-poohed the first few episodes and said, I've seen it before. Well, I have. And I haven't. Now I'm obsessed with the show, fully relishing the behind-the-scene antics of a musical. Maybe because Dish was in the chorus for Fiddler on the Roof way back in middle school? Or that Debra Messing is the only one over-40 who hasn't adopted the excess-filler-trout mouth. She looks so normal and beautiful, which is why I will continue to watch Smashed. Plus, the McPhee is hypnotic.

This helped me cope with the vile photos of Donald Trump's son triumphantly holding a tusk while standing next to a dead elephant. Now I *really* hate that family. Then again, as I kill a cockroach, I like watching the guts fly out. The shiny coat makes pretty earrings.

Heartwarming celebrity moment: The sight of Brandi Glanville and LeAnn Rimes on a blanket watching a soccer game together. It brought me to tears.

7 comments:

DishBrother said...

Smash:
The blonde: Bitch and I don't like her.
The brunette: Nothing behind the eyes. I don't care about her. Zzzzz.
Singing during a dramatic scene: Ridiculous. I'm covering my eyes every time.
The Adoption: Who cares?
Marilyn, the Musical: Looks like a yawn. Will bomb.
Ensemble: Bores me to death.

Anjelica Huston: Priceless. Make it a reality show called "Producing Marilyn".

Dish said...

Do you find any hotness in the prick director or Will Chase as Joe Dimafgio? I love Angelica's essense.

DishBrother said...

Director is a prick, and Joe is a bore. Give me 43 minutes of Anjelica. Especially now that her face lift has calmed down by episode 6.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It cracks me up. Also love knowing there is someone else out there who cares about this stuff as much as I do. You make me feel normal--thank you!

Dish said...

Thanks, Anonymous! You made my day. And you're never alone.

Anonymous said...

Why do stars get those big blubber lips, Dish? They look really sick.

Dish said...

I think the stars don't realize how big their lips are. They don't do the gradual lip enhancement as we see with Meg Ryan in French Kiss. Her lips are slightly puffier but after she got Crowed, she went for the big puff. It just looks so bad. My friend L, who lives in Hollywood, says everyone is EXPECTED to get work done and it's an investment.