Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Is Sue Simmons Being Forced Out of WNBC?

I remember sitting with my grandparents to watch what they called "The Murder Show" aka WNBC News. I remember the sassy, free-thinking anchor Sue Simmons beginning to making a name for herself as the face of New York City goings-on. Now she might be losing her job? WTF is all I have to say. They keep Old Male Farts on forever. If this news is true, I hope it's how she wants it and she will move on to bigger/better. If they put a bland little cookie in her anchor chair, I will bash my head against the wall until I bleed (not really, but remember, I just watched Prison Break and Wentworth Miller does this to get his way).

We TMZ-aholics threw up in our mouths upon reading "Hulk Hogan" and "sex tape" in the same sentence. It's so freaky, I might have to investigate further.

Last night's Republican Super Tuesday: So sad. Newt gave a really really boring speech. And you haven't lived until you've taken a dead sea salt candlelight bath while listening to the dulcet tones of Rick Santorum waxing manly in the Ohio gym. The knowledge that he probably wouldn't get elected made me relax into infinity.

4 comments:

John Haracopos said...

J.J. Loves Sue Simmons!!! Sue & Chuck are the only reason to watch NBC news!

Dish said...

Oh so true. It's CRIMINAL that she'd leave.

Anonymous said...

The NYTimes had a front page article about Sue Simmons being forced out. Check the article as it reproduced a couple of her fantastic moments. If NBC is forcing her out, then I'm all for a boycott.

Dish said...

I'm all for a boycott too. I hope Sue laughs all the way to the bank and something way better.