Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How Do The Stars Cope With Stress?

If only I knew how Julia or Sandra or Nicole dealt with stress, maybe it would help me. Dish tends to stop eating and sleeping at the merest twitch in the universe. I haven't eaten a full meal in four days. No pills help during agita (though my agita tends to be small potatoes). The whole Rx-booze way of coping seems so mundane and TMZ--though I am guilty of the easy way out sometimes. So what do celebrities do when they really lose their sh*t and need some courage?

I hear Jennifer Aniston hates to fly, and yet she does. How does she get herself on the plane? Adele has terrible anxiety before her performances--so how does she do it? I don't have challenges nearly as big and yet such little things make me crumble. The big things, well, I tend to breeze through them (i.e. public speaking, dentistry, death). All stress-relieving anecdotes and suggestions welcome--as long as not the usual "lots of exercise and fresh veggies." I already do this. And the fish oil, magnesium, manicures, meditation. Maybe a lot of $$$ and vacation would help.

My go-to cure for stress is to watch the stars in action. When I befriended Frank Miller many years ago, he seemed a reclusive type but lots of fun out on the town. I asked him, "How do you go out and appear in public at events?" He responded that he had to invent a new personality for himself.

Ergo, to alleviate stress, one needs to act, i.e. be a celebrity. Problem solved.

Oh...and Duran Duran relieves my stress almost instantly. Their songs will be covered on Glee April 10th, which is also Steven Seagal's birthday, in case you were wondering.

4 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

I believe a sojourn to Hershey Manor, along with a julep or three, will likely do the trick. Have you made reservations?

Dish said...

TG made us a reservation to Boston but maybe we'll come down when the semester is over! I need more than one vacay.

suzy said...

A trip to Boston will be just the thing for us all!

Dish said...

Can't wait to see you, Suzy!